changing your passport

Changing your

If you are going abroad on a honeymoon, remember to book in the name you will have in your passport at the time of travelling.

You can choose to book in your previous name and use your current valid passport, or book in your future name and get it changed by making an application to the Passport Agency.

If you want to change the name on your passport for use immediately following your ceremony you must complete and send a passport renewal form along with a newly weds and civil partners form (PD2) to the Passport Office. You should post your forms to the address printed on the form.

Please note: This form must be signed by the religious minister or registrar who will conduct the ceremony.

Find out more about renewing your passport and the newly weds and civil partners form (PD2) on the website.

If you choose to apply to change your name on the passport before the ceremony, you are permitted to complete this within the three months prior to the date of your ceremony.